Award recognizes outstanding charitable contributions to Central Ohio
DUBLIN, OH (Jan. 19, 2023) – Quantum Health, the industry’s leading healthcare navigation and care coordination company, announced today that it has received the 2023 Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service, presented by Smart Business. The company was awarded this recognition based on its commitment to creating a charitable environment in Central Ohio by partnering with organizations within the community to improve health and well-being for all.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Quantum Health has always been rooted in a deep commitment to community service. The company was founded by Kara Trott, now Board Chair, more than 20 years ago to help people navigate the complex world of healthcare with less stress, better health outcomes and significant cost savings. Through a variety of philanthropic initiatives, Trott has ensured that giving back remains a huge part of Quantum Health’s DNA.
“We were created around the simple vision of helping others so that no one would have to navigate their healthcare journey alone,” said Trott. “Giving back is a part of who we are, and we support this integral facet of our culture through a myriad of philanthropic programs.”
Quantum Health supports more than 30 local and national nonprofit organizations with financial donations and employee volunteer efforts. Each year, Quantum Health:
- Volunteers more than 2,400 hours to the community through its various partners
- Donates hundreds of nonperishable food and personal care items, and volunteers weekly with LifeCare Alliance’s Columbus Cancer Clinic
- Delivers meals daily to homebound seniors through LifeCare Alliance’s Meals-On-Wheels program
- Helps clean and package produce, registers customers, and loads groceries at Mid-Ohio Food Collective’s food pantry
- Collects back-to-school supplies and other needed items for local school districts and nonprofits
- Donates over 500 units of blood, saving more than 1,500 lives, through the American Red Cross
- Provides prom dresses and accessories to girls in need through Fairy Goodmothers
- Volunteers and fundraises for Pelotonia, one of Central Ohio’s largest fundraisers for innovative cancer research
- Supports the Make-A-Wish foundation through various financial contributions
To further encourage giving back, Quantum Health supports its employees, called Healthcare Warriors®, with up to five paid business days a year to volunteer at a nonprofit of their choice. The company also provides various financial support programs for employees in need.
The full list of 2023 Pillar Award honorees, including Quantum Health, appears on the Smart Business website at https://sbnonline.com/events/pillarawardcol/.
Interested in becoming a Healthcare Warrior? Visit our Careers site to learn more.