Dr. Sokol focuses on providing exceptional member experiences ─ helping people navigate their journeys with the most comprehensive clinical services and support.
Dr. Sokol leads Quantum Health’s clinical strategy and in-house clinical team in bringing best-in-class clinical expertise to client members and bridging the gap and enhancing the relationships with providers, partners and advisors. He focuses on enhancing the scope of the company’s comprehensive clinical services and programs with a population health perspective, measuring the impact on clinical, financial and human-centered outcomes as well as overall member experience.
Prior to leading clinical strategy at Quantum Health, Dr. Sokol was chief medical officer at WebMD Health Services, where he designed and delivered health and wellness strategies and solutions to employers and health plans. He also held executive roles at Sanofi, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline and Medco Health Solutions, where he focused on employee health and wellbeing, population health and disease management, value-based benefits design, and healthcare quality improvement.
EXPERIENCEDr. Sokol’s experience includes some of the most well-known companies in the healthcare industry:
- Chief Medical Officer — WebMD
- Vice President and Chief Wellness Officer — Sanofi
- Population Health and Wellness Consultant — Sokol Consulting
- Global Corporate Medical Director — Merck
- Managed Markets Medical Director — GlaxoSmithKline
- Senior Medical Director, Medical Policy and Programs — Medco Health Solutions
- Bachelor of Science — Ursinus College
- Doctor of Medicine — Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- Master of Science — University of Maryland Graduate School
- Evidence That Value-Based Insurance Can Be Effective
- Effects of Increased Patient Cost Sharing on Socioeconomic Disparities in Health Care
- Impact Of Decreasing Copayments On Medication Adherence Within A Disease Management Environment
- The Effects of Copayments on Medication Adherence During the First Two Years of Prescription Drug Treatment
- Impact of Medication Adherence on Hospitalization Risk and Healthcare Cost