Healthcare is increasingly complex, and most people are not equipped to navigate through the confusing and stressful journey without assistance. Kara founded Quantum Health because she believed that no one should have to navigate their healthcare experience alone.
Early in her career, Kara focused on understanding consumer behavior and designed consumer intercept research models for major consumer brands such as Citibank, Ford, Walmart and Coca-Cola to learn more about consumer engagement within various industries. When she turned her focus to healthcare, she immediately saw a gap in the healthcare experience and in the intersection of employer, member, provider and health plan/carriers. She identified the need for a more consumer-centric model that could improve how people navigate their individual healthcare and not only improve their health outcomes but drive overall cost efficiency for self-insured employers by bringing the healthcare ecosystem together. Thus, the first healthcare navigation and care coordination company was created, Quantum Health.
Prior to founding Quantum Health, Kara was a corporate attorney with the law firm Bricker & Eckler and a strategic marketing consultant at RPA International, an international consulting firm.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONKara has been honored with numerous awards over the course of her career:
- Women Presidents’ Organization’s 50 Fastest Growing Women Owned/Led Companies 2009-Present
- C-Suite Award Executive of the Year 2015
- Smart Business Magazine’s Smart 50 2014-Present
- KeyBank Key4Women Achieve Award 2012
- Women Presidents’ Organization’s Economic Empowerment Award 2012
- Enterprising Woman of the Year 2009
- Small Business Association’s Regional Business of the Year 2006
- Winner, Ernst & Young’s Regional Entrepreneur of the Year 2005
- The Committee of 200, an invitation-only organization of the world’s most successful women business leaders
- Featured in Business Week and Fortune Magazine
- Founding Member — Tiffany Circle Society of American Red Cross
- Member — Women Presidents’ Organization
- Member — Governing Board, Make A Wish (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky region)
- Member — International Women’s Federation, Ohio chapter
- Advisory Board Member — Ohio Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association
- Board Member — The Ohio State University President’s Club Advisory Board
- Board Member — National Council for The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Board Member — Ohio Wesleyan University Board of Trustees and Executive Committee
- Juris Doctor with Honors — The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Politics and Philosophy, Cum Laude — Ohio Wesleyan University